Welcome to Old Bawn Community School where we offer a broad range of courses, covering personal, professional and leisure interests.We provide a warm and welcoming centre for lifelong learning.With us you can pursue an interest, make new friends and experience a friendly, social evening.We are 15 mins walk from the Luas terminal at The Square.
1. Our centre provides designated disability car parking and toilet facilities.Our centre is wheelchair accessible and also has adjustable tables in the Science and Home Economics rooms.Adult students with special needs are requested to inform us of their needs as early as possible before the start of term.We will provide the appropriate service that is required by the Department of Education and Science.We regret we cannot provide resources that are outside that provision.
2. Early enrolment is advisable.Please note places will be given on a first come first served basis.Fees must be paid in full at enrolment.PLEASE NOTE PAYMENT OPTIONS:Fees may be paid in cash, by cheque or by laser card.
3. Unemployed persons, senior citizens and those taking two or more courses will receive a discount of €10 on fees.Ask at enrolment.
4. Formation of courses will depend on sufficient enrolments for the course.We will contact you only if the course is not formed.Should numbers on a course not be viably filled we may ring you to ask if you would be willing to have the course run for less nights at the same fee to make it viable. There will be a 10 minute break from 8.20pm-8.30pm
5. Fees are strictly Non-refundable, unless a class is not formed, in which case they will be returned by post as soon as possible.
6. Participants are requested to give their mobile phone number during enrolment.Any information regarding cancellations will be sent via text message or phone call.
7. Participants will be required to supply certain materials for some courses.See course details and check at enrolment. The Board of Management cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property while on the school grounds/premises.
8. We will be following all guidelines as advised by NPHET and as advised by the Health Protection Centre and the HSE in relation to Covid 19. On each night of class a designated Covid officer will be present. This person will ensure all necessary hygiene and other guidelines are adhered to in relation to Covid 19. We will provide hand sanitisation stations which adults will have easy access to. We request that adults bring their own supply of hygiene products including hand sanitisation for your own personal use. All classrooms and facilities used during adult education classes will be sanitised before and after class. 2 metre social distancing will be maintained in all classes.